It’s that time of year again – the one where high school students and uni kids, alike, roll out of bed knowing full well they have no academic obligations to tend to. Yes, kids, ‘it’s summer time’ now rightfully applies when someone asks you ‘what time is it?’ Despite having lived in Australia for four years, I still have a natural tendency to refer to the June-July months as summer and the November-December months as winter. And yes, this has caused slight confusion during conversations over the past four years. Summer or winter, regardless, semester-break is ensuing, planes are filling, and plans for ‘productivity’ are developing. With all that being said, I thought it would be perfect timing to evaluate the contents of my travel/carry-on (hand)bag.
As we had established in my previous ‘What’s In My Bag’, I’m not the best at packing light. But make no mistake, overpacking does not/no longer applies to my travel baggages. Having travelled from a young age, I have had one too many unpleasant ‘misunderstandings’ at airport ticket counters where my baggage has been overweight. Whether at the fault of my own or at the fault of the airline’s computer system – I have experienced both, and can successfully conclude that no one is better than the other – I have begun to develop a fear of overpacking my luggages. On the similar wavelength, I like to keep my carry-on as ‘free’ as possible to allow for any excess luggage weight to be transferred over. With that being said, there are still some things I keep with me at all times, whether it be for comfort, relaxation or practicality.
* Links for items which are still available have been linked for your convenience
- Summer 2015 issue of Porter, ever since I discovered Porter late last year, I have sworn off every other magazine (Vogue included)
- Balenciaga Giant 12 City in Red
- Pocket Decomposition Book by Michael Roger (http://www.michaelroger.com/Wild-Garden-Pocket-Decomp-Lined-Pages-30895_p_1033.html)
- Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment with SPF15 in Petal (http://www.fresh.com/US/lip-treatment/sugar-petal-tinted-lip-treatment-sunscreen-spf-15/H00002422.html#start=7&cgid=lip-treatment)
- Folli Follie wallet
- Juicy Couture sunglasses
- Gold Kate Spade purse
- Majoey Leather Travel Wallet
- Matte Black Beats by Dr. Dre
Being the foodie that I am, I also like carrying my planner with me throughout the day for gentle reminders of dinner reservations and foreign dessert bars to try. Comment below if you spot something that’s similar in your travel bag!