With university finals dawning, my Internet crashing and everyone’s stress levels snowballing, I decided the best thing to do was to turn my room into a make-shift photography studio. Obviously, slightly inappropriate and unproductive to the high-achieving grades that I am hoping for, but I truly needed an outlet. That was, honestly, the reason why I started lifedeesigned.com in the middle of all this academic chaos – divergence, relief and (a little bit of undeniable) procrastination.
There’s something nostalgically pleasing about going through my bag at the end of the day. Piles of receipts from dim sum the day before, scattered pens and highlighters, and the occasional discovery of two dollar coins that aid my uni-kid pockets in feeling less broke are just some of the old discoveries that create trivial excitement. Being the friend with band-aids, tissues, wet wipes, Hollywood Tape and extra pens with her at all time, you could say I’m anything but a light packer. But after long hallways walks and 160 uphill steps connecting my school’s campuses, I have learnt that the concrete jungle of a school campus is no friend to over-packers. And so we have the bare minimum:
- Notebooks, one for every subject of that day
- Juicy Couture camo bag, occasionally substituted for my Cambridge Co. ‘Batchel’ when things get too heavy
- Pencil case
- Dior reading glasses with its black case
- Gold Kate Spade purse
- Current novel (a memoir), My Paris Dream by Kate Betts (a review will be coming up)
- MacBook Pro Retina 13 inch in a gold case
- Makeup bag by The Balm Cosmetics for all my lipsticks, balms and first-aid necessities
- Casio fx-9860GII
- Go-to lip products: NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream (Istanbul), YSL Babydoll Kiss and Blush (No. 8) and Carmex lip balm
- Crabtree and Evelyn Gardeners Hand Therapy hand cream
- Apple earphones
Spot anything you think is classifiably unnecessary? Comment down below.